Officially the 43rd Flying Training Squadron can be defined as:
"… to train and provide a reserve of experienced instructor pilots to augment the Air Education and Training Command (AETC) instructor pilot force in the event of wartime mobilization conditions.
The unit augments the daily operation of training students in Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training and Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals.
The 43rd also upgrades instructor pilots to mission-ready status and provides continuation training.
During wartime, or in the event of hostilities, the unit is mobilized to offset the anticipated loss of experienced active duty pilot inputs into AETC’s Pilot Instructor Training pipeline."
Well now that’s all well, grand, and prestigious…but what is it, you ask, do I do?
Well…pretty much nothing in the 43rd’s mission statement.
A typical day for me involves:
-Getting to the office at 0730.
-On the office board slide my indication “dot” to “here.”
-Fill my water bottle (this is critical).
-Checking my email.
-Checking Fox News and CNN.
-Refill water bottle.
-Consuming my snack (lately two hard boiled eggs).
-Insert 30 minutes of actual random work I might have to do.
-Refresh Fox News and CNN.
-Take lunch.
-Perform distribution (the only continuous work I do which involves picking up and dropping off documents to the 5 remote FTS flight rooms in different buildings, some walking involved).
-Refill water bottle.
-Post on some internet forums about the daily events…mostly bitching about politics or how I love being a government employee.
-Update my motivational cartoon for the day that I post on my door to keep things “fresh.”
-Recheck my email.
-Leave at 1630.
-Work out.

No comments:
Post a Comment