Thursday, September 24, 2009

The good, the bad, and the ugly












A fairly realistic depiction of a T-6 in flight emergency (borrowed from the Dash-1).


Sorry for the delay in posting (I am aiming for at least blog post a week). Last week I got "sick" from an artificial flu vaccine that I took. Of course I got the worst symptoms the day before a test. I managed to fall asleep studying and thus received a low score of 87% (85% is the minimum).

This week has been a 100% reversal though!!! Just had a test this morning and I knocked it out of the park. Finally got the allusive 100%!!!! This was the last test in Phase 1 (academics), but there will still be more tests and academics in Phase 2 (contact) so don't be fooled!!!

















I have one more simulator session left in Phase I and it will either be tomorrow or Monday. I am doing exceedingly well getting the proud score of "E" (excellent) on my last two. These simulators aren't like the UTD (universal training device) I have mentioned in a previous post, but rather are OFT's or IFT's (operation/instrument flight trainers). These have screens so you can see where you are "flying" (the OFT has a PIMP wrap around screen...something like 270*). Sadly these sim's aren't hooked up to hydraulics or anything crazy, therefore are referred to in the business as stationary sim's. It is pretty crazy how your head will play with you when you are "flying" in an OFT though. I find myself thinking I am really doing the maneuver the simulator is faking. People have even gotten airsick in these!!!

So I found out my future assignment here, I am in the 41st FTW and in Spaatz Flight. You can read up on the history of General Spaatz and his contributions to the USAF Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment