This airport had the nicest FBO (fixed base operator) I have ever seen!!! We stopped their for gas and food and went to a local BBQ joint (not the best we have ever had, sadly).
When we got back to the FBO to plan our return VFR leg my flight instructor started talking to a nice older lady who had just gotten dropped off by a very nice Gulfstream 4 private jet. Turns out she OWNED that jet and just got back from a week long vacation with her daughter (who isn't single). This old lady ended up being the OWNER of Murphy oil...kind of a big deal.
So the return leg was VFR, which means we navigated using our eye balls and large ground references. It was fun, as I had never really navigated VFR at 9,500 ft before (thus LARGE ground references). My flight instructor took me right over his hunting cabin and pointed it out after we descended to a more sporty 3,000 ft and took a scene tour of what I believe was the red river.

No comments:
Post a Comment