Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dollar Ride















Well had my first "government paid" flight, known as a dollar ride (not sure why it is called that but I ended up giving my IP a decorated $1 bill to commemorate the event).

Anywho, I can't begin to explain to everyone reading this how fast paced this program is. As I have told my mom and brother on the phone, its like drinking from a fire hose. I truely feel pitty for everyone in this program that doesn't have any flight experience. It isn't so much the stick and rudder flying that is difficult (I like to say, give me enough banana's and I can teach a monkey to fly), but rather its the amount of academics and little procedures we need to have memorized. The amount of knowledge they expect us to know verbatim in such a short period of time is unreal.

On Monday we are having our written test, and its practically the FAA private pilots test I took 4 years ago...which I had a years worth of ground courses for!

Anywho, it's late. Just wanted to show off my spiffy new picture...check out that onezy!

No comments:

Post a Comment