
So today was my first day...and boyo was it a long one! Got up at 0530 for a physical fitness test at 0600. The altitude here sucks!!! It added a minute to my mile and a half run time. I maxed pushups and sit ups though (62 and 55 respectively) and ended up passing the PFT anyway.
Then the rest of the day was "death by powerpoint." Had briefings pretty much straight to 1700. Also had the Ops Limit/Bold Face test today, everyone in our flight needs to pass it with a 100% (verbatim). I did fine, but we some other guys made some stupid stress related mistakes...like spelling "fuel" wrong (fule) and leaving the R off of "Master." To be fair, there is a lot of stress going on so I can't blame these guys, hopefully everyone gets it togeather for tomorrow. When we accomplish that task we can swap out our rather uncomfortable blues uniform and switch into the pajama/onezie/awesome flight suit (aka: Bag).
Oh yea, I am also the Senior Ranking Officer (SRO) in the flight...which makes me the flight commander! Kinda interesting, I only am the SRO because of all my previous flight experience, not because of my date of rank (like it is normally based off of).
Well I am gonna go hit the gym again for a light work out...then rack out. Another 0600 go time tomorrow. We are expected to hit the flight line on Friday...kinda crazy how fast they expect us to advance here.

No comments:
Post a Comment